- To promote an ongoing dialogue between Diabetologists, Surgeons and Gastroenterologists/Endoscopists in order to integrate the clinical and research expertise of these different disciplines.
- To encourage scientific collaboration among clinicians and basic scientists and to facilitate translational mechanistic and precision medicine studies to further investigate the cross talk between gut, liver, pancreas and the CNS.
- To establish a European network of interested investigators and strengthen their competitiveness for research grant applications (i.e. from the European Commission, Research Foundations and charities and/or to Pharmaceutical Companies and Device manufacturers) and to networking with sister associations in United States, South America and other countries.
- To promote the knowledge of metabolic surgery within physicians and patients through eLearning and teaching courses under the aegis of the EASD.
- To promote liaison with stakeholders involved in obesity and morbid obesity and with patients’ organizations.
- A particular effort will be undertaken to promote “young” fellow/faculties in this field
- Annual meeting organization
- Liaison with stakeholders involved in obesity and morbid obesity
- Liaison with patients’ organization
- Networking with basic scientists involved in obesity and morbid obesity
- Networking with sister associations in United States, South America and other countries